The impossible winter sketch

Winter in Denver is not quite what I expected. Yes, it will be very cold sometimes. It will snow. But then it will be sunny and 60 degrees. Montana had plenty of sunshine in the winter, but the temps still made it difficult to attempt an outdoor sketch. I've even been thwarted more than a few times in San Antonio on a blustery day.  Yet here in Denver I've had so many opportunities its ridiculous.

Here's a few recent drawings of the non-moleskine variety.
broadway panorama

Broadway, near 'The Hornet,' a favorite restaurant of Linda's and mine.

oxford club bldg
A neat white building near Union Station.

Cable Railway Buiding
A building I only recently noticed downtown.  It used to house cable cars, I surmise, but know it's home to 'The Old Spaghetti Factory.'

romeo building, zuni and 30th ave.
This building is around the corner from where Linda works in the LoHi (Lower Highlands) neighborhood.

I'll post more new stuff soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past