The Pearl Brewery

The once-shuttered Pearl Brewery is now home to a bunch of cool restaurants, offices and shops, as well as a campus of the Culinary Institute of America and apartments and condos.  But the best part of the area is still the part-gothic, part-industrial brewery building itself, and until now I hadn't given it the proper attention in a drawing.  There are plans to turn it into a hotel, and while I'm sure they'll retain all the 19th-century architecture, I doubt they'll keep all the cool pipes and fixtures sticking out of the sides.  So in the interest of documenting that side of the building I finally sat down the other day (in the shade) and tackled it.

Pearl Brewery, San Antonio, Tx

Comments

  1. All I can say is WOW! I wouldn't have known where to start with this - amazing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian! I usually start at the bottom and save the best for last but this time I couldn't resist starting at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Do you start in pencil and then go over it in ink-or do you just naturally draw with your pen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wawos and NSGrafx. NS, I start in pencil and rough out the basic proportions then do everything else in pen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooow...nice rendering, shadow and texture..look very real..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past